May 07, 2012
In honor of Celiac Month I thought it would be nice to post all gluten free recipes this week! This recipe comes from Celiac Central, and it looks delicious!
Penne with Zucchini, Tomatoes and Cream
3 cups Imagine® Organic Vegetable Broth
8 ounces (one package) DeBoles® Gluten-Free Multi-Grain Penne
3 tablespoons Spectrum Naturals®Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
½ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced into ribbons
2 medium zucchini (about 1 lb.), cut in half and sliced
½ teaspoon Hain Pure Foods® Sea Salt (one big pinch)
1 25oz jar tomato sauce
2 tablespoons heavy cream (omit for dairy-free)
¼ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese, grated (omit for dairy-free)
1. In a medium sauce pan, bring the veggie broth to a boil. Add the pasta and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain the pasta and set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet until rippling. Add the sliced garlic and stir until golden brown. Add the red pepper flakes, give the pan a shake and then toss in the shredded basil.
3. Add the sliced zucchini and salt to the pan and sauté until slightly browned, about 7 minutes.
4. Pour the tomato sauce over the zucchini and cook for 5-10 minutes, let the flavors collide.
5. If you eat dairy, stir in the cream and cheese. If not, forget it. This dish is spectacular without them!
6. Add the cooked pasta to your sauce and stir until heated through.
7. Serve to a special friend. With wine and a smile.
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!