Do you have a student or know of someone who struggles with writing? Well let me tell you about this great application Word Q and Speak Q. First I like that it is practically invisible, it sits itself on top of whatever software you are working in (Word, Microsoft Office etc.)
WordQ is an application that provides additional functionality to popular writing applications, including WORD PREDICTION (suggesting words that change depending on the context) and SPOKEN FEEDBACK that allows users to hear their mistakes (i.e., run-on sentences, spelling and punctuation errors).
SpeakQ is a plug-in that builds on and enhances WordQ’s functions, adding SPEECH RECOGNITION (speech-to-text functionality), which is designed to be tolerant of mild speech imperfections and accents. Within minutes of getting started (no reading is required for training!), this easy-to-master writing tool assists the user with word choices, spelling, grammar, punctuation, proofreading, and more. Designed to be more forgiving than other programs, the result is more success for users. This was particularly interesting as if I was amazed that I really could notice a big difference hearing things read as I wrote and it cause me to pause and say "that doesn't sound right".
KEY BENEFITS of WordQ+SpeakQ:
WordQ is a simple but masterfully designed writing aid that helps struggling writers, regardless of age or writing ability. (For PC and Mac)
* Learns which words you like and predicts them faster
* Predicts words even if they are spelled creatively or missing parts
* Offers a list of words with similar meaning to add variety to your writing
* Uses clear and pleasant speech feedback
* Gives examples for words that sound similar by using them in a sentence
* Reads aloud any text you can highlight, including websites, emails and messaging
* Reads exactly what you write, so poor grammar sounds off and bad punctuation disrupts the rhythm
* Helps only as much as you need with functions that easily turn on or off
* Lets you modify word prediction to use specific vocabulary or topics
* Abbreviation Expansion converts your acronyms to full text to save on typing time
* Works with all commonly-used programs
* Now includes English, French, Spanish and German
SpeakQ plug-in complements WordQ by adding forgiving speech recognition to the mix. Write better by mixing talking and typing! Designed for those who struggle with other dictation software. (For PC)
Some students would not even know where to begin in how to spell a word or what a word even is so this feature is especially nice for them!
* Lets you type the words you know and speak the ones you don’t (which is a super cool feature)
* Can write everything you say from single words to entire paragraphs
* Offers suggestions for words you have difficulty pronouncing
* Train it to understand your voice, with no reading required
* No voice commands to remember
* Allows you to mix typing and speaking for best results
I really enjoyed using this product and could see it being very beneficial for a student. For both Word Q and Speak Q (PC only) it sells for $279 if you just purchase Word Q (Mac or Windows) it is $199.
One lucky Memphis Mommy reader is going to win a Word Q + Speak Q product!
HOW TO ENTER: REQUIRED ENTRY
Leave a comment to this post telling me why you want to win this product. Leave your first initial and last name.
OPTIONAL EXTRA ENTRIES:
Like Word Q + Speak Q on Facebook
Write on their wall that My Memphis Mommy sent you
Like My Memphis Mommy on Facebook
You must fill out the entry form with your contact info to be entered in this giveaway. Leaving comments on my facebook wall or e-mailing me comments will not count.
ENTER GIVEAWAY HERE
Thank you Word Q and Speak Q for giving me a product to review and to giveaway. Thanks to high school student Sydney Berry who also used this product and gave me her opinions. Opinions expressed are mine or Sydney's.
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!