We all know the day after the holiday equals a bunch of stuff (usually candy and holiday foods) for 50% or more off the regular prices. So the question is, how can you make the holiday clearances work for you?
1. What are your big upcoming events:
- A birthday party
- A wedding
- A graduation
- A family reunion
- A military member's homecoming
- Valentines Day, Easter, or Mother's Day celebrations (buy red and green M&Ms... sort the reds from the green - viola! You have Valentines Day and St. Patrick's Day M&M cookies covered!)
2. What items will you cook, gift, or make for this event?
- Cookies, cakes, appetizers, or other foods - go through your favorite recipes
- Party Favors
- Table decorations
- Gifts in general
3. Use your lists above to create a shopping list now of things you will need. You will find many items that can you can score for 50%, 75%, or even 90% off that will easily come in handy (and save your TONS) later!
My daughter graduates high school this year. Family will descend on us from all over. I know, already, that I'm going to need special fancy crackers for my dips, sliced cheese, and other appetizers. I also know I will be using several bags of Reese's PB Cups for a special cookie recipe that I use. Right now I can get Kraft Miracle Whip for as low as 49¢ with Kroger's current sale - so I'll be grabbing that also (deviled eggs, potato salad, etc)...
Think outside the box and save yourself a bunch of money by planning today. You won't be sorry!
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!