Strawberry-Filled Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® lemon or yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1 cup strawberry preserves or jelly
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen concentrated margarita mix, thawed
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease 13x9-inch pan. Place cake mix in large bowl. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until crumbly. Add almonds; mix well. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. Stir preserves until smooth; carefully spread over base.
- 2 In same bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, salt and egg with electric mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add margarita mix; beat at low speed until blended. Carefully pour filling over base. Sprinkle reserved base mixture over filling.
- 3 Bake 34 to 41 minutes or until edges begin to brown and center is set. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!