MMMMM!! How I (Dawn) absolutely ADORE warm chocolate desserts topped with vanilla ice cream! I accidentally happened across this recipe on allrecipes.com and think it sounds DIVINE!
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Melt butter in an 8x8 inch baking dish while the oven preheats.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, 3/4 cup sugar, and 1 1/2 tablespoons cocoa. Stir in milk and vanilla until smooth. Spoon this batter over the melted butter in the baking dish.
- Stir together the remaining cup of sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Sprinkle over the batter. Slowly pour boiling water over the top of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until set. Serve slightly warm with ice cream.
If you double the ingredients, use a 9x13 inch baking dish. Also, the amounts listed in the steps will not scale. Refer to ingredient list when scaling. Ingredients are listed in the order used.
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!