I really love www.food.com; it is where I find many of my favorite recipes! Today's recipe comes from food.com and sounds really YUMMY! It'd be GREAT for a Valentine's Day breakfast or for a weekend brunch. **You can try Irish Cream instead of Amaretto for a different flavor :)
Amaretto French Toast W/Amaretto Butter and Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto
- ½ cup butter, softened or ½ cup stick-style margarine
- ¼ cup Amaretto
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons Amaretto
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 12 slices French bread, thick sliced
- butter, for cooking toast
- For butter, combine softened butter and 2 tbls. amaretto until well blended.
- For syrup: In small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup amaretto and syrup. Heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool to warm.
- For French toast: In large skillet over medium high, melt some butter.
- In shallow bowl mix all remaining ingredients except bread.
- Dip bread slices in mixture until just soaked through.
- Cook in butter until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve immediately with Amaretto butter and Amaretto Syrup.
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!