Here's to thinking "outside of the box" when it comes to helping your teen get spending money!
Do you have a teenager... with a smartphone... that goes to the mall and other stores a lot? ...Oh, and always wants spending money? I do! And I decided that if earning "rewards points", etc. was good enough for me it would be good enough for her, too!
1. Earn “Kicks”
2. Redeem those “Kicks” for gift cards to your favorite retailers… You can get restaurant vouchers, iTunes gift cards, Best Buy/Target/Macy’s/Sports Authority/American Eagle gift cards, movie tickets, or even a cruise around the world (if you are the greatest shopper in history :).
3. Spend the gift card – NO MONEY OUT OF MOM or DAD’s POCKET! WOO-HOO!!
This is how your teen (or you) will earn the “Kicks”:
1. Walk-in Kicks: When you launch the shopkick app on your phone it will pull up a bunch of stores that are close to you. Some of the stores will offer walk-in kicks (each store offering a walk in will say so next to their name; it changes from day to day). This means you simply walk in the front door of that store and wait for a second. The Shopkicks ap will recognize you are there and give you between 25-200 kicks JUST FOR WALKING IN THE DOOR!
2. Instant Rewards: When you launch the shopkick app on your phone it will pull up a bunch of stores that are close to you. As you look through the list, if there is a star by the store name that means there is an instant reward for you. Instant rewards are usually 1 free kick… sometimes it is a bonus piece, and if you collect all 3 of that category you get 10 free kicks.
3. Scan Kicks: Your app will tell you if the store you are in is offering scan kicks. Today at Target I simply used my cell phone to scan the barcode of a bottle of Purex and I instantly got 20 free kicks for doing so!
4. Kicks for purchases: Sometimes stores will offer you kicks when you purchase certain items. I never buy anything to get the kicks… but if I planned on buying something that happens to get bonus kicks then I make sure I do get my kicks J
Other bonuses of shopkick (especially for you, teens won’t care as much) is that you can get all sorts of exclusive coupons for Target and other stores… and the ones at Target are STACKABLE!! The coupons are scanned straight from your cell phone! It’s easy! If you would like to .join shopkick, or sign your teen up so they can start earning kicks just for walking in stores then click here. **You DO need to have a smartphone because internet access from the phone is required to use shopkick.
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!