YUMMY! Add Red Velvet Cake Balls to your Christmas cookie platter this year! This recipe is from Duncan Hines''s website. I (Dawn) bet you can vary the cake and frosting flavors to create a platter worthy of Martha Stewart! Also, I bet you could use chocolate chips or almond bark for a less expensive coating option.
Red Velvet Cake Balls
- 1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix (Plus ingredients required for cake mix)
- 1 can (16 oz) Duncan Hines Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 packages (16 oz) Vanilla and/Or Chocolate CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating
- Prepare and bake cake mix as directed on box; cool completely.Crumble cooled cake into a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly with frosting (it may be easier to use fingers to mix together).
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and place on wax lined baking sheet; chill for approximately 1-2 hours.
- Melt CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating according to directions on package.
- With a spoon, dip balls in melted CANDIQUIK® Candy Coating; place on wax paper until set.
- Optional: decorate with sprinkles or drizzle CandiQuik Candy Coating over cake balls
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!