Here is a healthy version of Shepherd's Pie. I personally love cooking with Panko which you can find at any store (Walmart included).
I go this recipe from Mambo Sprouts! Let me know if you like the looks of it and if you have a recipe you would be willing to share e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with RECIPE in the subject line.
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1 6-oz. pkg LightLife Smart Strips Chick’n Style
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, diced (1 cup)
- 1 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto sauce
- 5 cups bite-sized florets of cauliflower, steamed and drained (1/2 medium cauliflower)
- 1 1/2 cups Ian’s Panko Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 4 oz. sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 2 lbs. cooked mashed potatoes, according to your favorite method, kept warm
- Preheat oven to 375° F. (If you need to cook the potatoes for mashing, start them now. You can also steam the cauliflower now, if needed.)
- In a large non-stick skillet heat the olive oil over medium high heat and sauté the onion and Chick’n Strips until onion is golden and strips are cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Add the diced roasted peppers, tomato sauce, pesto, and cooked cauliflower. Stir it all together and cook until warmed through.
- Transfer the mixture to an ungreased 2 quart shallow baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the breadcrumbs and then with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown. Serve over warm mashed potatoes.
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!