I would love to start featuring some do it yourself type posts. If you have one to share I would greatly appreciate it! E-mail Shana email@example.com.
Forget about paying big bucks for ice packs ever again. I have them in several sizes and types for use with food for lunches and for my aches, pains and headaches. It is pretty easy to do and anyone with a Ziploc Bag and some cheap dish soap can make them by the dozens if you like. You could even use a character or decorative one for the kiddos.
Make it Yourself Ice Pack Recipe
1. Select Ziploc Bag size of Choice (double or triple bag to protect against leaks)
2. LOTS of cheap Dish Soap
3. Load up the ZipLoc about 1/2 – 3/4 full. Close, rebag a couple of times squishing out the air each time and freeze.
Being frugal, you can do the same thing with Ziploc Containers for your food. Just fill a Ziploc bag pretty full and fit into a Ziploc Container. You could seal shut with a few drops of Super Glue to ensure no leakage.
Ziploc Bags Coupons:
* $1/2 Ziploc Bags 1/2/2011 Coupons.com (exp 2/2/2011)
* $1/2 Ziploc Bags 1/4/2011 – Dollar General
* $1/2 Ziploc Bags 12/5/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/29/2011)
Ziploc Containers Coupons:
$1.50/2 Ziploc Brand Containers 1/2/2011 Coupons.com (exp 2/2/2011)
* $1.50/2 Ziploc Containers 12/5/2010 SS Insert (exp 1/29/2011)
* $1.50/2 Ziploc Containers 1/4/2011 – Dollar General
* $1/1 Green Works Natural Dishwashing Liquid 11/5/2010 Green Works Rolling
* $1/1 Green Works Dishwashing Liquid 11/15/2010 Green Works Rolling
I cannot for the life of me find the e-mail where I got this info from and I would really like to give a thanks to the writer of this post! I think this is an amazing idea!!
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!