Summer means families across the nation will be packing up their cars and heading out of town
on vacation. How many of you are planning a summer vacation? Many will visit some of the most pristine treasures in the country – the national parks. In fact, more than 281 million people visited national parks in 2010. Have you and your family ever visited a national park and if so which one?
Energizer invites consumers to help preserve our national parks
• In stores nationwide, specially-marked Energizer products contain a code that can be
redeemed online at www.nowthatspositivenergy.com/blogs. When shoppers buy three
packages of participating products, the codes can be redeemed for a $10 reward that you can
put toward a national park visit or Energizer can donate the reward directly to the National Park
• For hands-on fun, RSVP to join a national park volunteer event by visiting
www.nowthatspositivenergy.com/blogs or www.facebook.com/EnergizerBunny and clicking
on the Parks tab. Each park hosting an event will receive a grant from Energizer and a donation
of responsible power solutions including solar panels, chargers, batteries, solar lights and
other lighting products. To view some of Energizer’s Positive Products, which help you
enjoy the outdoors more responsibly, visit http://www.energizer.com/ntpe/Pages/Positive-
As a part of the My City Mommy Network I was able to be a part of an interview with Peter Facinelli, star of The Twilight Saga and Nurse Jackie by phone! We asked him tons of questions from his reason behind the campaign to how he uses coupons! I think you'll be surprised to hear his answers! We had alot of fun chatting with a very busy dad who enjoys spending time with his kids.
Peter Facinelli shared with me some of his tips for fun family travel. Peter has young children and is a pro when it comes to enjoying the outdoors.
Here are some tips:
Make sure everyone has their own flashlight for safety and fun.
Bring extra batteries to ensure your lights are always ready to go.
Play flashlight games in your tents or at your campsite.
Introduce your kids to solar power to teach them to camp more responsibly.
Leave the park grounds the way they were when you arrived.
Clean up after yourselves and consider your neighbors.
Consider joining a volunteer project at your local park as a family to set an example to your
children on how they can help make a positive impact.
Share your own tips for outdoor family fun at www.nowthatspositivenergy.com/blogs.
TARGET $10 GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY
Enter to Win a $10 Target Gift Card
• Post your photo of a national park or other outdoor destination to win. Go to
• Click on the “Join In” button at the top then click the “Go” button in the box called “Tell the
world how you’re making a difference.”
• Fill in your name and city in the “Name” box. Add your email address.
• Click on the “Image” button in the middle, choose the “National Parks” category, title your
image with your name and city, and then upload your image.
• Click the “Submit” button to complete your entry.
• For additional entries, like the Energizer Bunny on Facebook at www.facebook.com/EnergizerBunny
• Two winners will be notified by June 30, 2011.
Please leave a comment on what you have done! Good luck! Winners will be chosen via random.org on Friday
Don't Miss a Thing, Subscribe NOW!
*Please support this site by using the provided links when ordering from your favorite places or printing your coupons. Thank you!